Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tired

I didnt get much sleep at all during the 2500 NL event but even still I got up to play in the 1000 NL today. Me and JC got in as alternates with about 5 minutes left to go in the 2nd level, roughly 2 hours late. With only 1500 starting chips and blinds at 50/100 I wanted to double up or get the hell out of there. I got my stack up to 2200 at one point.

One hand Jim Meehan raised in the hijack to 275, a tightish lady calls, and I'm in the SB. I figure theres a decent chance I can squeeze it since I had seen Jim raised 82 on the button 2 hands ago. I shoved in without looking. Meehan folded and she called with AA. Nice read. I had 36 off and caught a chance on a Q52 flop but the board bricked out and I was crippled. I worked my stack back up to 1000 from 550 and moved in UTG with A6d, not wanting to get short. I get called by AK and don't get the suckout.

I'm registered for the 2500 pot limit tournament tomorrow and am going to try to be on my A game. I know my chances for doing well in the WSOP POTY race are slim but seeing my name in the top 10 gives me some motivation to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home